The Financial Mail hosted its annual Top Analyst Awards on Tuesday night and Nedbank CIB produced great results. The FM Awards recognise leaders in South Africa’s institutional stockbroking industry.
The analysts in our Markets business won 1st place in the Technical Analysis and Financial and Industrial Small Caps categories.
“The Awards remain a highly-regarded event amongst institutional investors and clients,” says managing executive for Markets, Anél Bosman. “Apart from top honours, our Markets team achieved great rankings across several categories in the awards. We were recognised in 14 categories this year, which speaks volumes of our industry knowledge, expertise and the trust that domestic institutional clients have in our team.”
Our analysts received outstanding rankings in the following categories:
- Technical Analysis: Neels Heyneke and Mehul Daya for the 7th consecutive year
- Gold Mining: Leon Esterhuizen and Arnold van Graan
- Diversified Industrials: Munira Kharva (1st on AUM weighting basis)
- Fixed Interest Securities: Walter de Wet and Reezwana Sumad
- Innovative Research: Neels Heyneke and Mehul Daya
- Execution: Fixed Interest Securities: Nedbank Securities
- Investment Strategy: Neels Heyneke and Mehul Daya
- Resources Small and Mid-Cap: Leon Esterhuizen and Arnold van Graan
- Platinum Mining: Leon Esterhuizen and Arnold van Graan
- Credit Analysis: Jones Gondo and Nthulleng Mphahlele
- Industrial Metals: Leon Esterhuizen and Arnold van Graan
- Real Estate: Ridwaan Loonat (AUM weighted)
- Financial and Industrial Small Caps: Munira Kharva
“This recognition underscores the regard both for the worldclass research our experts are producing for clients and for our full-service offering,” concludes Bosman.
You have shown interest in this article, you might find this article ‘Nedbank CIB moving up the ranks in the Financial Mail Ranking the Analysts Survey’ relevant as well.